Welcome to the Pack!
Pack is a powerful experience platform designed to simplify the process of building modern eCommerce storefronts. Whether you're a brand or a developer, Pack brings together all the essential elements for seamless content management and unparalleled flexibility.
At its core, Pack provides a comprehensive infrastructure that consolidates product information, functionality, and content into one centralized system. With Pack, you can effortlessly manage your Progressive Web App (PWA) builds and deployments, giving you full control over your storefront's design, performance, and customer experience.
Headless commerce is a modern approach to building eCommerce websites where the front-end (the "head") and the back-end (the "body") are decoupled, allowing for greater flexibility and customization. In a traditional eCommerce setup, the front-end and back-end are tightly integrated (e.g. Shopify backend and its front-end liquid themes), which limits your ability to make changes and adapt quickly. The benefits of most headless approaches are giving brands full control over the entire front-end experience and functionality. But there are tradeoffs. Brands also have to manage a lot of technologies and that makes ongoing site management and maintenance a massive challenge.
Pack provides a “head” - the missing link between a modern storefront that is easy to use and Shopify's powerful back-end. Pack’s platform acts as a bridge, enabling you to build a fast, customizable, and high-performing front-end experience while leveraging the extensive capabilities of Shopify as your commerce engine. Pack's unified platform seamlessly integrates with Shopify, allowing you to connect products data, customer data, content and more, without the hassle of managing complex microservices integrations.
Pack is more than just a headless CMS. It offers an integrated visual page building experience that caters specifically to brands looking to manage their modern storefronts efficiently. Unlike traditional headless CMS solutions - where the focus is on distributing content across multiple channels - Pack is designed to provide a unified platform for brands to create, edit, and publish content seamlessly. While Pack can integrate with other CMS solutions and make its own content available via API, its primary focus is on empowering brands with an intuitive and flexible toolset to manage their storefronts effectively.
Here are some key features that make a Pack storefront stand out:
- 1.Unified Platform: Pack integrates all the tools you need in one platform so that you can build and manage performant shopping experiences in a single, centralized experience manager. Instead of having to connect your CMS, hosting, visual editing tool, and any middleware, Pack streamlines your workflow and takes a lot of the maintenance out of the equation.
- 2.Integrated Visual CMS: Pack offers an intuitive, visual CMS (Content Management System) that gives developers and marketers more control over their content. With its user-friendly interface, anyone on the team - regardless of technical background - can easily update and manage your storefront's content, empowering both technical and non-technical users to make changes effortlessly.
- 3.Flexible Integrations: Pack gives you the flexibility to integrate with other technologies and extend the platform’s functionality. With support for React and TypeScript, developers can leverage these popular frameworks to enhance and customize their storefronts, unlocking limitless possibilities for innovation.
- 4.Lightning-Fast Performance: Pack is built on state-of-the-art technology that prioritizes speed and performance. Your storefront will benefit from blazing-fast page load times, ensuring a seamless and enjoyable shopping experience for your customers.
- 5.Streamlined Deployment: Deploying changes to your code or content is a seamless process with Pack. Its continuous integration with Pack’s hosting service allows you to preview and test your changes in real-time. Once you're satisfied, simply publish the updates, and Pack takes care of the rest.
Brands should consider taking a headless approach when they face challenges related to site speed/performance, marketing agility, and developer efficiency. However, a custom headless build is likely not the ideal path for a growing, mid-market brand because it’s expensive and complex to use and manage. Pack offers a more user-friendly and predictable solution for brands to adopt modern technologies while addressing their specific needs for speed, agility, and efficiency.
With Pack’s headless approach, brands can unlock the potential for faster site speeds, marketing agility, and developer efficiency, revolutionizing their eCommerce operations.
Our goal is to give brands access to the speed and flexibility of modern architecture without the inherent risks associated with a custom headless approach. With a user-friendly and predictable solution, brands can harness the power of modern technologies, while minimizing the complexities and potential challenges that come with implementing a fully custom headless commerce setup.
To help you get started quickly, we've provided handy guides that cover the basics. Jump right in and explore our comprehensive documentation to unlock the full potential of Pack for your Shopify workflow.
We're excited to have you on board with Pack, where you can tap into modern frameworks, collaborative dev workflows, a built-in visual CMS, drag-and-drop page builder and fully-managed hosting to power your brand's growth. Let's create something extraordinary together!
Follow our handy guides to get started on the basics as quickly as possible:
Learn the fundamentals of Pack to get a deeper understanding of our main features: